Whole bovine blood is collected into vessels containing trisodium citrate as an anticoagulant. The blood is centrifuged and the plasma removed and frozen. The amount of trisodium citrate used can be specified by the customer.
|Specification - Bovine Plasma Citrated (PLSC)|
|Product||Bovine Plasma Citrated|
|Source||Bovine blood from healthy animals which have been inspected ante and post mortem by Australian or New Zealand government veterinarians and passed as fit for human consumption.|
|Collection Method||Blood is collected into sanitary vessels containing a customer specified trisodium citrate solution, centrifuged under temperature controlled conditions and immediately frozen.|
|Description||Non sterile straw coloured frozen liquid.|
|Pack Size||25 litre polyethylene and nylon laminate bag with fattori closure packed in an outer cardboard carton, or to customer specification.|
|Storage||- 20 degrees Centigrade|
|Bioburden||Heterotrophic Colony Count CFUs||≤ 5000ml|
|Haemoglobin||UV/VIS Spectrophotometer||≤ 30mg/dl|
- Harmful in contact with skin and if swallowed
- Keep container tightly closed
- Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician immediately.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of skin contact, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.
Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam.
Special Firefighting Procedures
Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
- Wear chemical safety goggles, rubber boots and heavy rubber gloves.
- Spilled material should be carefully wiped up or moistened with water and removed.
- Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
- Safety shower and eye bath
- Mechanical exhaust required
- Wash thoroughly after handling
- Compatible chemical-resistant gloves
- Wash contaminated clothing before reuse
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing
- Chemical safety goggles
- Keep tightly closed
- Store in a cool dry place
Stable for a limited time at 2° - 8°C.
Contact a licensed professional waste disposal service to dispose of this material.
Observe all federal, state and local environmental regulations
Note: The above information is believed to be correct, but shall be used as a guide only.
Disclaimer: For pharmaceutical use only.